With Web Conferencing industry growing at a 19% per year and over 55 different providers out there, the search for the right Web Conferencing to fit your small to medium business (SMB) needs could be a daunting task.
Before choosing a Web Conferencing provider, it is important to understand your small business needs. The top five common uses of online meetings for small to medium businesses are:
- Employee meetings
- Business meetings with clients and vendors
- Sales and product training
- Lead generation
By understanding your Web Conference needs, owners can then find the right Web Conferencing service for their companies. Below are 7 best practices that will help new users choose the best Web Meeting provider:
- Know what you need (video, application sharing, marketing tools, et al.)
- Determine the maximum number of attendees you will need to accommodate
- Know the number of presenters
- Research the different providers (at least 5)
- Don’t purchase merely from brand recognition
- Attend live demos and sign up for free-trials
- Choose the best service that meets all your feature and pricing needs.
In addition, SMBs should choose a Web Conferencing service that offers All-In-One features – particularly with marketing tools and social media functions. Large corporations such as Microsoft and Amazon already have the marketing power and brand recognition to generate demand for their webinars – small and medium enterprises do not. For this reason, SMBs would greatly benefit from choosing a Web Conference provider that has social media marketing tools embedded to maximize your webinar attendance.
Remember, research research research!